Monday, January 25, 2010

Pet Peeves

I was sitting in front of my computer on Facebook earlier when I realized just how easily aggravated I get. It's little things too. So...I decided to try to make up a list of pet peeves. Maybe I'll even update this list.

  1. When people call others 'love." I feel like it doesn't quite suit this time period and that it sounds highly awkward in conversation. In fact, I don't even reply back to texts that refer to me as 'love' in them because I get too frustrated looking at it.
  2. In class, when people ask, "When am I ever going to use this in real life?" Yeah, sometimes we might never use it and I think you already know that, so why ask? Just take the class or switch.
  3. When girls refer to eachother as 'hun' or 'dear.' Or more specifically, when other girls refer to me as 'hun' or 'dear.' It sounds patronizing and most times, I'm the older one or at least the same age.
  4. When fruits start to go bad. Especially bananas. I can't stand when they start to turn brown, even if I'm allergic.
  5. When people call me AmyMa constantly as if it's my first name or just one word. Amy is fine.
  6. When teachers finish the lesson early in class and don't want the students to get rowdy so they assign pointless work that doesn't benefit us in any way shape or form.
  7. When people look at me when referring to China.
  8. When the eraser on top of your mechanical pencil runs out. ARGH.!
  9. When Mr. Nuzzi uses the phrase 'pow wow'
  10. When Mr. Nuzzi says, "Lesson learned guys." What lesson?!
  11. When I try to eat a cupcake but just end up getting icing all over my face.
  12. When people decide to start an argument early in the morning. Please wait till at least 12PM so I can properly respond.
  13. When my poptart breaks off at the edges.
  14. Static in the winter.
  15. When people tell me to go study (coughmomcough) as if I'm not responsible enough to know when to study on my own. Have a little faith please.
  16. Leprechauns.
  17. When the lady at the front desk throws a hissy fit when you need to make copies. It's not hard to shove some paper in a copier, so chill.
  18. Snooty bus drivers. It's not like we want to take the bus.
  19. When the stewardess wakes you up to make you eat.
  20. Brittany Schleinkofer.
  21. When people shake their leg under the table/when they're sitting.
  22. When people have to cuff/roll up their pants because their pants are too long. This is a big one.
Now, don't get me wrong. I won't not like a person just because they commit one of my pet peeves; that's pretty extreme lol. A pet peeve is just a pet peeve, I'll get over it.

3 comments:

HO said...

#23. Alex Ma.
HAHAHAHA just kidding. :)

Amyyy :) said...

LMAO. it's actually hilarious because I considered putting that. HAHAH.

allen said...

Okay, this is just too funny. I had like an essay typed out as a comment..so I'm just going to blog @ you :D